Interviewer Skills Training
This course equips individuals involved in front-line recruitment with the skills to conduct fair, objective, best-practice interviews powered by psychometrics. Our training will equip individuals with the skills and knowledge to conduct professional Behavioral or Competency Based Interviews (CBI).
The course is highly participative and enables delegates to gain practical experience of applying best practice interviewing techniques. Delegates will learn how to ask effective questions, use the Interview Guide and make professional evaluations of candidate performance.
The Wave Interview Guide is designed for use by recruiters, assessors and line managers. Interviewers are presented with structured questions and probes designed to measure both talent and motive. Questions can be used to verify strengths and target specific areas of possible concern identified from Wave Styles.
Key Learning Objectives
Delegates will be able to:
- Understand the range of different interviewing techniques.
- Show awareness of how psychological biases and filters can influence our perception of others.
- Conduct a structured and comprehensive competency interview, using effective questioning and probing techniques.
- Use the Interview Guide to plan and structure questions.
- Systematically evaluate candidate performance in order to make an overall selection decision.
- Carry out assessments in full compliance with Data Protection and Equal Opportunities legislation.
Who is this course for?
HR professionals, recruiters, development practitioners and line managers, or anyone who would like to conduct interviews more effectively
Course Availability: Available as an in-house course only. Please contact us for further information.
"Our line managers are delighted with the interview guide, which saves them time and gives a very useful and structured approach to investigating an individual's strengths, limitations and motives in the areas important for our business."
"...applying science to the workplace and creating the gold standard for psychometric tests."
- The British Psychological Society