Senior Translation Project Coordinator
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Translation Project Coordinator to join a Translation team in a dynamic company that is leading the field in the Occupational Psychology industry. Saville Assessment was founded to help clients place the right people in the right roles and support them in making sure their people thrive once they are there.
Our Translation team is responsible for developing and maintaining our international portfolio of psychometric assessments in over 35 languages. We are looking for an experienced hire who can help us respond quickly to a high demand for translations by independently delivering complex translation projects and supporting more junior colleagues.
This is a permanent and full-time position, with an expected start date in December 2021/early January 2022.
The role involves managing the translation of highly-technical psychometric assessments. Key responsibilities include:
- managing multiple and complex translation projects simultaneously, whilst maintaining exceptional quality standards, meeting strict deadlines and delivering within budget
- increasing global reach by translating our assessments and platform into new languages
- maintaining the translations in our international product portfolio of over 35 languages
- learning about our psychometric assessments (personality and aptitude) from Occupational Psychology colleagues, facilitating translators to deliver accurate and appropriate translations
- developing strong working relationships with colleagues, translators and Saville Assessment’s international partners
- following our rigorous translation process for all projects
- managing all stages of the translation process for your projects, including planning, sourcing and assessing translators, confidently using CAT tools and other web-based applications; QA’ing translated material for consistency, accuracy and suitability
- keeping up-to-date with advances in the translation industry, translation software and suggesting new approaches to continually improve the efficiency and accuracy of our processes
- supporting the Head of Translations with pre-sales and post-sales queries and liaising with client-facing teams, and managing the translation of bespoke client products
- supporting our Psychologists in R&D to develop internationally-applicable assessments
Thank you for contacting us
One of our team will get back to you shortly.
Are you interested?
If you are the right person for us, we will provide:
- Salary of £30,000 - £35,000, depending on experience and access to a generous benefits package (pension, private health insurance, life assurance, bonus, and cycle-to-work schemes)
- A tailored development plan with support from across the business to help you thrive in this role and your longer-term career
- Test User: Occupational Ability & Personality (Level A & B) training to give you the skill base needed to understand the development and application of our assessments
- Opportunities to join social and fundraising committees, and Inclusion & Diversity networks
The expectation is that much of your time will be spent in our headquarters in New Malden, South London.
- Have a Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Translation Studies, or equivalent
- Be IT literate – competent in Microsoft Office and other web-based applications
- Have an excellent working knowledge of CAT tools and enjoy troubleshooting issues
- Be fluent in English and ideally also in a second language
- Be interested in learning about Psychology at work and Psychometrics
- Work autonomously, prioritising your time to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be proactive to drive success, delivering on time and on budget
- Be passionate about consistently delivering excellence
- Work in a structured and methodical way
- Be motivated to invest time and effort at the start of projects to ensure effective translation project handovers
- Have effective written and verbal communication
- Build and maintain effective relationships
- Enjoy working within a supportive team; listening to others and sharing your insights
- Be confident and effective delivering training and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Approach problems with curiosity and analyse information to identify the most effective solution
- Persevere through challenges and find the learning opportunities within them
- Process large amounts of detail accurately
- Adjust positively to changes and setbacks, be flexible in your approach
The closing date for applications is 7th November 2021 (23:59 GMT)
Saville Assessment, a Willis Towers Watson Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.