Translation Project Coordinator
An exciting early careers opportunity to join a dynamic company that is leading the field in the Occupational Psychology industry.
We are looking for a Translation Project Coordinator to join our Translation team, which is an integral part of the wider Research and Development function. The Translation team is responsible for developing and maintaining our international portfolio of psychometric assessments in over 35 languages.
The role involves planning, organising and monitoring all aspects of the translation process. You will manage the translation of highly technical psychometric assessments (aptitude and personality) from English into over 35 languages.
We want to hear from you if you are interested in:
- driving customer satisfaction by steering multiple translation projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines, quality standards, budgets and priorities
- managing, sourcing and coordinating translators
- managing translation projects, using CAT tools and other applications
- preparing projects, which includes text for translation and instructions for translators
- producing high quality work, including checking details, to meet strict deadlines
- developing strong working relationships with internal teams, professional freelance translators and Saville Assessment’s international partners
- communicating effectively in writing and through speech
- flexibly adjusting your approach and plan for a project around any setbacks
- working with the R&D team to review the suitability of product content for international use quality assurance of translated material for consistency and accuracy
- assisting with the upload of translated text to our online database using web-based applications
Applications for this position are now closed
Are you interested?
If you are the right person for us, we will help you thrive by providing:
- Starting salary of £25,000 and access to a generous benefits package (pension, private health insurance, life assurance, bonus, and cycle-to-work schemes)
- Support with learning to manage translation projects with CAT tools
- Scope for other Research and Development product development
- Opportunities to join social and fundraising committees, opportunities to join Inclusion and Diversity networks
- Test User: Occupational Ability & Personality (Level A & B) training to give you the skill base needed to understand the development and application of our assessments
The expectation is that most of your time will be spent in our headquarters in New Malden, London.
- Have an undergraduate degree in Translation Studies or Modern Foreign Languages (including Translation), or equivalent
- Be IT literate – competent in Microsoft Office, experience of/willingness to learn CAT tools and other web-based applications
- Fluent in English and ideally fluent in a second language
- Be interested in learning about Psychology at work and Psychometrics
- Have effective written and verbal communication
- Work quickly and methodically in a highly structured manner to meet deadlines
- Prioritise your own work on multiple projects running simultaneously
- Process large amounts of detail and follow set procedures
- Work well under pressure, maintaining accuracy
- Adjust positively to change, remaining resilient and composed
- Identify and investigate issues and provide solutions
- Build effective relationships, interact with people and establish rapport
- Work proactively and enthusiastically to drive success
Saville Assessment, a Willis Towers Watson company, is committed to working with the latest tools and technologies to deliver effective assessment solutions. Our core business is to develop and deliver psychometric tests, questionnaires and selection tools; our market-leading range of online aptitude tests and the powerful Wave questionnaires are transforming assessment processes around the world.
Our extensive product portfolio is available in over 35 languages, and we work with over 50 international partners across more than 80 countries.
To apply, please complete the short form on this page. The assessment process will include the following stages:
If you meet the requirements for the role, you will be invited to take our online aptitude and behavioural assessments (guidance and preparation materials will be provided)
If successful, we will ask you to complete a short phone interview (guidance will be provided)
The final stage is a competency-based interview and supervised aptitude assessment (conducted remotely) which will be scheduled following the phone interview
The closing date for applications is 1st July 2021 (5pm BST)
Saville Assessment, a Willis Towers Watson Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.