Interviewer Skills Training
Reduce risk, increase rigor and improve quality of hire with a better interviewing process. This course equips individuals involved in front-line recruitment with the skills to conduct fair, objective, best-practice interviews powered by psychometrics. Gain the skills and knowledge to conduct professional behavioral or competency-based interviews (CBI).
"Our line managers are delighted with the interview guide, which saves them time and gives a very useful and structured approach to investigating an individual's strengths, limitations and motives in the areas important for our business."
This highly-participative course requires no previous psychometric training and is open to all. The course enables delegates to gain practical experience of applying best-practice interviewing techniques. Delegates will learn how to ask effective questions, use the Interview Guide and make professional evaluations of candidate performance.
The Wave Interview Guide is designed for use by recruiters, assessors and line managers. Interviewers are presented with structured questions and probes designed to measure both talent and motive. Questions can be used to verify strengths and target specific areas of possible concern identified from Wave Styles. This course is open to any individuals involved in recruitment who would like to conduct interviews more effectively.
Key Learning Objectives
Delegates will learn to:
- Implement a range of different interviewing techniques
- Show awareness of how psychological biases and filters can influence our perception of others
- Conduct a structured and comprehensive competency interview, using effective questioning and probing techniques
- Use the Interview Guide to plan and structure questions
- Systematically evaluate candidate performance in order to make an overall selection decision
- Carry out assessments in full compliance with Data Protection and Equal Opportunities legislation
Check Availability and Find Out More
To find out more about pricing, see what is included in your exclusive assessment starter pack and check the latest availability please use the form below. Our courses fill early but a member of our team will be in touch within one working hour. Alternatively, call us right away on +44 (0)20 8619 9000.
Thank you for contacting us
One of our team will get back to you shortly.